Thursday, February 2

Noise Level

Ahhhh! You have a class that will NOT SHUT UP!

We have all been there. I do not care how great your life is at school. You have one class that you just want to rip your hair out. And the thing is, a lot of times, they are not awful behavior issues. BUT, their talking is a disruption and you need to take control.

Changed their seats? Tried.
Gave them a quiz? Tried.
Yelled! Yep, tried.
Screamed? Ugh, yes.

I made these Noise Level posters (which are NOT mine; we have all seen them). I just adapted them for my class. I went over the expectations with them about these noise levels. I repeat them ALL. THE. TIME.


- Are you at a Noise Level Zero right now?
- If your neighbor is not at a noise level zero, kindly let them.
- Let's get at a Noise Level zero, please, for 5 points.
- There's a speaker. What noise level are we to be at? (Plus 5!!)

The best part. I had an elective teacher say to me, "What's this Noise Level thing? They say it in my class all the time?" *** happy teacher dance.

I turn on the switch any time they are to STOP talking.


I have even had students remind me... "Turn off the switch now, Ms. Provance!" Every time the switch is ON, they are awarded points for their quiet time! ( bought it at Walgreens... 5 bucks).

Is it perfect, friends? hahahaha. NO. Has it helped, YES!!!

Happy teaching!

P.S. Posters and fonts for $1.25 in my store.

Love

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment